We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our membership, this policy sets out how we will
treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
You agree that in becoming / remaining a member of Shandon Pistol and Rifle Club, that it may
collect, store and use certain kinds of personal information about you . This will include :
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering and maintaining your membership
of the Club. This will include your name, date of birth, email address, physical address and
- Information that you provide to us for the purposes of using the Club website services , email
notifications and/or newsletters.
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and the Club.
- any other information required.
Data use Statement.
We may use your personal information to :
- maintain and update our records and administer your membership of the Club.
- administer the Club website.
- send you email notifications.
We will not , without your express consent , provide your personal information to any third parties
for the Purpose of direct marketing .
Personal information will be kept as safe as possible from unauthorised access , accidental loss or
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this
policy . We may Disclose information about you :
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings .
- in order to establish , exercise or defend our legal rights.
- to committee members to facilitate your membership of the Club or entitlement to participate in
Club activities or meet any obligations arising therefrom.
General Data protection regulations ( GDPR ) - Lawful Basis.
The lawful bases are set out in article 6 of the GDPR . At least one of these must apply whenever
we process personal data:
(a) Consent : the individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data
for a specific purpose.
(b) Contract : the processing is necessary for a contract we have with the individual, or because
they have asked us to take specific steps
(c) Legal Obligation : the processing is necessary for the Club to comply with the law at the
Shandon Pistol and Rifle Club normally operates under the lawful basis of “ Consent “ ( evidenced
in permissions / acknowledgements provided by or secured from individuals as part of their initial
application for membership and/or continuing subscription to / ongoing participation in Club
In specific circumstances , “ Contract “ or “ Legal obligation “ may also apply.
The above principles apply to “ Personal data “ which is information held on computer or in manual
filing systems from which they are identifiable .
The Committee and officers are hereby indemnified by the Club against any claim or demand in
respect of any liability properly and justifiably incurred on behalf of the Club.